On Wednesday, December 12, the mayor of Comerio, the Honorable Josian Santiago accompanied by his team and the director of communications, Dianna Torres-Diaz, made it possible to give gifts to the children of Comerio during this Christmas season. Assisting in this effort were General Manager, José Hernández, Funded Initiatives Manager, Yanira Meléndez from the HITN Puerto Rico office, and L. Alejandro Molina, from the New York headquarters of the TV channel HITN. Also in attendance were the attorney, Carmen Hernández, and her sister, Evelyn Hernández, both from Chicago.
A group of children’s characters, musicians and pleneros accompanied the mayor and his guests as they visited public schools of Comerio, where toys were given to all the children. Great smiles and happiness radiated throughout the schools by the children as the toys were distributed at the following schools:
- Oscar Porrata Doria School Specialized in Languages
- Inés María Mendoza Elementary School Montessori Program,
- Claudio Ferrer Cotto Elementary School,
- Luis Muñoz Marín Middle School,
- Ramón Alejandro Ayala Middle School,
- Maria School del Carmen Santiago Middle School
- The Preschool Paraíso Infantil Program, where there is also an iPad program sponsored by HITN.
Mayor Josian Santiago thanked the HITN channel and its president and CEO, Michael D. Nieves, and the Hernández sisters for supporting this tremendous municipal initiative that has been carried out for the past years for the purpose of assuring that every child from Comerio has a gift in Christmas.