HITN and Charter
reach agreement to distribute HITN’s educational network to all Spectrum Spanish package subscribers.
HITN Learning In November 2017 HITN signed an exclusive license with Anima Kitchent, creators of the animated TV series Cleo & Cuquin—successor to the bedtime series La Familia Telerin that was widely popular throughout Latin America in the 1980s and 1990s--for learning resources serving the U.S. preschool education market. Cleo and Cuquin will animate math and literacy kits and apps now in development by HITN Learning, based on its award-winning (Parents Choice, Kidscreen) Ready to Learn grant-funded Early Learning Collaborative transmedia.
Cleo & Cuquin debuts on Nick Jr., Univision and Televisa in 2018; HITN’s first Cleo & Cuquin Family Fun Kits and Apps release in October.HITN TV & Digital
- January 2017 - For the first time in Hispanic television, HITN TV arranges for audience members to attend the inauguration of the 45th President of the United States as special guests.
- March 2017 - HITN TV and Hispanic celebrity-physician, Doctora Aliza, join forces to launch Vida y Salud TV, a daily programming block promoting health and well-being among the Latin community.
- June 2017 - With the launch of the Tu Planeta programming block, HITN TV becomes the US Hispanic television leader in Nature and conservation content.
- August 2017 - HITN TV, premieres “En Foco con Neida Sandoval,” an original-production documentary series hosted and presented by the Emmy-award winner journalist.
- September 2017 - In partnership with CBS, HITN TV premieres the original production Mundo CNET, an in-depth weekly review of the consumer electronics world.